(Recommended for use with Intelliray, IntelliRay Quad and SkyRay 800 systems when short cable lengths are used. For longer distances or electrical noisy environments, see the isolated UV3384 RS485 converter)
The USB-485-1 is a port-powered, bi-directional, integrated USB to RS485 adapter / converter that can be used to convert any standard full-duplex USB port into a two-wire balanced half-duplex RS485 port and vice versa. The unit can be used to communicate with one loop of up to 256 units of RS485 devices and it comes with a built-in selectable 120-Ohm terminator for system reliability and easy installation.
This USB to RS485 adapter / converter is powered from the USB port and it supports data auto-sensing & self-adjusting, therefore, no baud rate setting is required. And with the data direction auto-turnaround technology, no external power or flow control is required for RS485 communications. The USB to RS485 adapter / converter uses the latest FTDI chipset and is fully compatible with Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / Server2008 / Server2003 / 2000 / 98 (32-bit), Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / Server2008 / Server2003 (64-bit), Win CE, Mac, and Linux.
- USB to 2-wire RS485 adapter / converter.
- Adds one RS-485 port to your USB port.
- Communicate with one loop of up to 256 units of RS485 devices.
- 300 to 3M Baud operation (auto-sensing and self-adjusting).
- Built-in selectable 120Ω end-of-line terminator for system reliability and easy installation.
- Built-in 15kV ESD static and circuit protection.
- Data direction auto-turnaround, no flow control is required.
- Supports Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / Server2008 / Server2003 / 2000 / 98 (32-bit), Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / Server2008 / Server2003 (64-bit), Win CE, Mac, and Linux.
- Supports remote wakeup and power management.
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing and self-adjusting).
- Port-powered, no external power required.
- No IRQs required, no IRQ conflicts.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by world-class lab SGS / TUV (Cert No. E1/2013/90010C; E1/2013/90011C).
- 5-year manufacturer’s warranty