This converter can be used with the IntelliRay, IntelliRay Quad or SkyBeam units. Note that since the IntelliRay units do not have a dedicated 9 pin DSUB RS232 to directly connect to this converter, the UV0525 IntelliRay 15 pin to 9 pin RS232 adapter cable will be needed.
The USB-232-1 is a port-powered, bi-directional USB to RS232 adapter / converter that can be used to convert any standard USB port (USB 2.0 – backward compatible) into a RS232C port and vice versa. This high-quality, high-performance USB to RS232 adapter / converter uses the latest FTDI chipset and is fully compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 / Vista / XP / Server2008 / Server2003 / 2000 / 98 (32-bit), Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 / Vista / XP / Server2008 / Server2003 (64-bit), Win CE, Mac, Linux, and Raspberry Pi. The unit comes with a USB type A male connector on the USB side and a DB9 male connector on the RS232 side.
- Compatibility: USB 2.0 (backward compatible) and EIA/TIA RS-232C standard
- Power Source: Port power from USB port
- Current Consumption: Less than 100mA
- Cable length: 3.3ft (1m)
- Baud Rates: 300 to 128,000bps (Auto-sensing & Self-adjusting)
- Distance: USB side: 10ft (3m); RS232 side: 16ft (5m)
- Connector: USB side: Type A Male; RS-232 side: DB-9 Male
- LEDs: TX, RX, and Power
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 0.6 x 1.4 x 2.2 in (15 x 35 x 55 mm) (excluding cable)
- Weight: 2.6 oz (73 g)
- Operating Temperature: 32ºF to 95ºF (0ºC to 35ºC)
- Operating Humidity: Up to 90% RH (no condensation)