Recommended for HiWatt 2 or other high-power applications or when long cable length required (for best EMI immunity).
The USB-ISO-485 is an industrial-grade, bi-directional, USB-powered, 2500V opto-isolated USB to RS485 / RS422 adapter, which makes a half-duplex RS485 or a full-duplex RS422 available to a PC via the USB port.
The USB-ISO-485 optical isolation protects the USB from voltage surges, lightning strikes, GND loops and noise conditions from the RS485 / RS422 port. It has an RJ-45 female connector, db-9 male connector on the RS485 / RS422 port with optional included six position terminal block, and a USB type A female on the USB port.
The USB-ISO-485 uses the latest FTDI chipset and is fully compatible with Windows 10 (32 / 64), Windows 8.1 (32 / 64), Windows 8 (32 / 64), Windows 7 (32 / 64), Vista (32 / 64), Server 2012, Server 2008 R2, Server 2008, Server 2003, XP (32 / 64), 2000, 98Se, CE, Mac 8 / 9 / X, Linux and Android.
- Plug-and-Play (hot-pluggable)
- Adds one RS-485 / RS-422 port using one USB port
- Provides 2500Vrms isolation
- RJ-45, DB9 or included terminal block
- USB 1.1 and 2.0 compatible
- Port powered; no external power needed
- Supports 300 bps–128,000 bps rates
- 6’ (2m) cable for convenience
- Power / Transmit / Receive LED indicators
- Data direction auto-turnaround; no flow control necessary
- Internal 128 / 385-byte TX / RX buffers
- No IRQs, IO, DMA required; no IRQ conflicts
- USB cable, terminal block and easy-to-install drivers included
- Built-in 600W surge and 15KV static protection
- 5-year manufacturer’s warranty
- RoHS, CE and FCC compliance certified